Monday, August 2, 2010

Art Institute: Week 4 Day 1 Vegetables

Good Morning! Yay :) Its once again Monday! Another opportunity to learn and explore the beauty of culinary arts. How are you feeling? Sometimes, I feel like Monday is the laziest day of the week but its actually the motivator :) If you get through Monday, the rest of the days will come by so fast!!! it'll be over before you know it.
Monday, 11:00 am
Yup!! Having a great day so far! Im ready to go to school! Let's go!
My mom is also ready to go to work :)
Little Miss Sunshine is out today! :)
Thumbs up! My uniform is COMPLETE :) I got my ID, thermometer, sharpie and pen..



Today there was a Fire Drill!!! I just realized how much students are taking culinary arts!!! Its amazing :) We were doing our "mis en place" during the first 2 hours then the alarm went on and we had to evacuate the building. It took at least 20 min to go through the process then we got back to work.
Week 4= Vegetables :) Whoo hoo! Soo healthy :)
Separating the egg yolks from the egg whites to make hollandaise sauce :)
Here's Omar and Aaron doing their mis en place :)
Haha... I think Marisela was trying to explain something here :)

Herley peeling the garlic with a paring knife! Here's Marcy peeling the carrots with a peeler :)
Candid shot of Carol.. She's having so much FUN as you can see :p
Amber vigorously whisking the hollandaise sauce.
and so is Jasmine :)
Groups proudly presents the finish product !

Group 1
Group 2
Group 3
Group 4
Week 4 Vegetables Presentation
Artichoke with Hollandaise Sauce made my Amber. :) So Beautiful!
Eggplant with Marinara Sauce
Braised Greens made my LittleMissChef Ileina :)
Vegetable Tempura made by Omar
Grilled Vegetables

These are the pages from On Cooking textbook where we got our recipes from :)
Grilled Vegetables Recipe
Stir Fried Shiitake Mushrooms
Grilled Portabella
Eggplant with Tomato Sauce

YyUuUuUuUuMmMmM!!!! Did I make you Hungry ?!

After class, Marisela and I went to the computer lab to check our facebook account as you can see here. haha :p We actually just made our action plan and look for recipes :)
Yup! I'm on facebook :) and reading the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren! I high recommend it :) Comment below if you've read it before and let me know what you think of it ok?! and if you haven't done so, check the book out! An eye opener book.. ( If you are interested to know your purpose)
Say hi to my Ate Cathy (Sister Cathy in Tagalog) :) She took the honor of giving me a ride home today!
Heading to 805 South!

The sky looks amazing as always.. At least we get to see a different shade of the sky instead of being sunny and bright all the time :)
Very Chilly here on the freeway :)
My sister and I decided to eat at Manila Sunset. So we took the plaza blvd exit :)
Look at this! Isn't the sky so beautiful!


Welcome to Manila Sunset! One of the Filipino restaurants I admire :) Come and join me!

We are here at plaza blvd. If you ever see this sign, then you are at the right place whoo hoo!! Let's go eat!

Manila Sunset Grill... Sooo yummy! This is a restaurant that also inspired me to pursue a career in culinary. On previous blog ( week 3 Day 6) , I showed you one of my inspiration restaurant which was saigon ( Vietnamese Restaurant) Now, I am showing you a Filipino Restaurant!
A quick " Chhheesssee" ! :p
Soo indecisive.. Like Always!
Ohh my... Look how this restaurant is designed! Soo authentic :) As you can see, the lady that was grilling is behind the" window" but if you are going to look at the whole picture, you can see its a " bahay kubo" ( hut in English)

Can you see the the checkered wood hanging from the ceiling? This is an authentic Filipino game for kids :) So most of the time, the host will place prizes and tie it up on the wood, it is similar to pinata but instead of getting the goodies by hitting a card board cartoon character with a wood, kids will try to reach the prizes until it runs out :)
Are you HUUUUNNNGGGRRRYYY??!!!!!

Halo Halo!!! ( Similar to Raspados in Mexico) this desert is mouth watering, chilly, ice cold, creamy, healthy ( except its too sweet), delicious goodness..... Ahhhhh writing this blog is making me want to get some more!!
Yes! I also eat with my eyes and nose :p Let's dig in! We ordered chicken bbq, squid bbq ( which came with a sinigang soup), puto bungbong, lumpiang sariwa, and of course halo halo ( If you are interested on knowing more about this Filipino dishes, you are welcome to google it :) )
Heading home now :) Hopefully I still fit in my uniform uh oh... :p
Bright Lights on a dark night !
Look at this image, I thought it was awesome to see the lights look like DNA in blue, white, red and yellow colors! :)
Guess what?! Ate Nicole Navarra (Nikky) if you are reading this blog, this is for you! I got home and yup... there's KARE KARE!!! and I was too full to eat... I wish you were here to eat Kare Kare..!
and of course you can't eat Kare Kare without bagoong ( Shrimp Paste) You are a TRUE Filipino if you eat this! :)


Hope I made you HUNGRY!!!!

XoXo LittleMissChef Ileina

No comments:

Post a Comment